Wednesday, September 08, 2004

We're Off!

Ken and I will be launched to the Adirondacks by nine this morning. I can't wait to be there. North Country Public Radio says it's going to rain up there today and tomorrow, but it looks like we'll have sun on Friday. We'll curl up with books on Thursday then and visit North Creek to buy the food we didn't bring with us.

I visited Black Sheep Knitting Company in Needham, Massachusetts, yesterday morning in between scads of errands. I love it there, despite the fact it's a small shop. Great atmosphere, lots of women knitting away toward the back of the store, and very well-organized, which I appreciate. The owner of the shop helped me out by showing me how to turn the heel of my very first sock. I reciprocated by buying yarn for a scarf to go with my favorite item of clothing--the brown leather jacket that Ken bought me for Valentine's Day. The yarn is a mixture of autumn colors--orange reds, greens, brown, with traces of blue, gold, reds, and purples. (Berroco Medley) Color #8924. I can't wait to knit it up! I also appreciated that the store had all the latest fall knitting magazines. I couldn't resist buying Interweave Knits and Knitter's News.

I hope to post while I'm on vacation by finding my way to the public library in the North Creek area. So stay tuned!

2 Comments:

At May 5, 2006 at 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

low interest home equity loans

 
At May 5, 2006 at 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

home equity loans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home