Tuesday, September 28, 2004

About Blog Construction and Knitting, Of Course

Well, it's high time I started to whip this blog into shape. I have no links yet, no photos either. What it takes is time and some mental space. Managing the time is an easier feat at this point than summoning the cognitive powers. I'm overwhelmed with home developments of an unkind nature, which puts me in a less than energetic place.

The rest of the vacation was very relaxing. As I'm sure I mentioned I'm still working on the Fortissima Colori blue-tones socks. And, for the second time I ripped out the back of the pullover sweater I'm making that's in the three-block pattern. It's the gauge that has had me so impossibly messed up.

When I started knitting it, I hadn't been knitting in over twenty years. My stitches were fairly loose, so I had to go down two sizes in needles to compensate. Yet, wouldn't you know, as I've done more and more knitting, my stitches have tightened up, and with it, the need to change needles again. Rip, rip, rip. The other problem is that my body size fits in between the women's small and medium. Small is bust size 32-34, and medium is 36-38. I'm just a hair under 35. So, this may be irrational reasoning, but I have decided to knit the women's small using size 7 needles, the needles the pattern calls for. I'm going to try it. If I have to rip it out again, I will give up the ghost.

I am dying to buy a skein of Skacel Trekking "Crazy" yarn in one of the new fall colors labeled #28. It's a mixture of burgundy, royal blue, burnt sienna, olive green, and one other color. One skein averages about $13.00, and I hate shelling out the shipping costs. Yet the only store I've found that has #28 is online, where I must pay a $7 shipping charge. Maybe I should try calling all the yarn stores in the Boston area and see if one has it.

I realize that so far I'm the only one reading this blog. Must pretty it up before I try to gather in readers.

1 Comments:

At July 12, 2006 at 10:58 AM, Blogger Senora Fuerte said...

I have a knitting blog that no one reads, too!! Wanna team up? Check mine out at www.mommylookwhatimade.blogspot.com
and I'll keep my daily eye on yours!!!

Mine is not fancy either, though I am trying to be dilligent. I left my digital camera at my friend's house, though, so there haven't been any new photos, and with no photos comes lack of initiative... oh well...

Cheers!
Natalie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home