Saturday, October 02, 2004

Knitter's Breakfast


After a an adventurous Saturday, Sophie and I are relaxing on her favorite piece of furniture. I'm knitting the three-block pattern sweater with Lopi Lite. I think the color is denim heather, but I'm not sure. Anyway, as I will mention just one more time, this is the third and last time I am knitting the back of this garment!

Sophie was not permitted to participate in the big excitement of the day. The Fabric Place in Randolph, 13 minutes away and probably too close for the safety of my financial picture, hosted a Knitter's Breakfast this morning, from 8-10 a.m. Sales people from Classic Elite Yarn were there, showing every yarn they're selling. They not only had yarn samples, but they also had at least two garments for each type of yarn they were showing. The samples were just gorgeous. I fell in love with Beatrice and Montero. I would love a sweater and hat to match in Montero and there's a beautiful set displayed in Classic Elite Yarn's Winter pattern book. But I just have to be budget-conscious right now.

There had to have been at least 75-80 women at this event, and almost everyone left with a raffle prize. I won a skein of a lovely Cascade red. So what did I buy? I sorely need a new winter hat for Sophie hiking. So I found a simple, inexpensive pattern and I bought some Cascade wool, which was on sale. The discounts were terrific. I had a flyer discount and a 20 percent discount because I attended the breakfast. I enjoyed myself immensely and I'm finding the Fabric Place just too intoxicating. I wandered into the drapery area and was so overawed that I feel compelled to make curtains! This afternoon I checked out my sewing machine just to make sure I still have it. All of this has been a welcome, cheering diversion from the things that have been worrying me at home.

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2004 at 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sophie is adorable! :) (carolyn, from girlreaction)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home