Thursday, October 07, 2004


And here is the back of the sweater that I have had to rip out twice, hoping that the third try will bring me success. The problem? I have gauge issues, which I discussed at length in a previous post.

I'm not wild about how this color is working with the pattern. It's what Sally Melville calls the three-block pattern, as featured in The Purl Stitch, which is a great book by the way. The yarn color doesn't show off the pattern well, in my opinion. I'm not even wild about the color in the first place. I bought it at the Snow Goose in Milton, which was my first stop after discovering that after twenty-five years, I desperately needed to knit again. I spent an hour searching and searching for a sweater pattern and was anxious to select a yarn and get going. This color in the Reynolds Lite Lopi was the only one they had that looked great with my coloring. It's fine, but since I'm into vibrant colors, this denim heather is just too much of a slate-gray for my tastes.

1 Comments:

At October 12, 2004 at 2:16 AM, Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

The work, though, looks beautiful. And you got to get going making the best of the time and resources you had. Bravo! What wild contrast color would add zip to this AND go with your coloring? If it's bluish gray you might try tangerine... If it is more lavender gray, check out some bright yellow. Those complimentary colors make BOTH colors seem brighter....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home