Tuesday, October 12, 2004


I was going to be clever and think of a cute caption for this photo, but it's getting to be time for me to cook dinner and my brain won't go there! Sophie is very leery of the camera flash, so we catch some intriguing expressions when we snap her picture indoors.

In knitting news, I have started the hat I'm making for winter walking. I'm using Cascade yarn in a worsted weight (maybe all Cascade is that weight, I don't know) and it is a beautiful blue, the darkish blue of October skies. I'm concerned about the gauge again. Medium is the only women's size given, which describes the size of my head. The problem is the gauge. I need needles that are between 7 and 8 to make the gauge. This in-between stuff has been happening to me alot lately. Since my size 7 needles are already being employed on the sweater, I'll do it on eights and I'll try not to be too loose. I guess I'll have to see how that works. After all, I can always rip it out.

Purling Puppy webring folks! Read about the new novel The Dog Walker on my other blog.

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2004 at 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judith,

I have a long history of buying another set of size 7 needles! Or 6's, or 3's... Probably why I am also interested in your other blog about getting debt free. Thanks for letting me know about it.

Rob
http://roberta.typepad.com/robknits

 

Post a Comment

<< Home